Client Email Settings – Quick Reference
The following settings will need to be applied to your computer’s email setup:
- SERVER TYPE: Only IMAP is supported. When using IMAP your messages are stored on the Inetz mail server (optimal for checking mail from multiple computers, but please be aware of your storage quota to keep mail from bouncing).
- INCOMING MAIL SERVER: mail.inetz.com
- INCOMING MAIL SERVER USER NAME: your_account_name@your_domain.com (i.e. email@example.com)
- OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (option 1): you can use the outgoing mail server of you current ISP, please check with them for proper settings
- OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (option 2): MAIL.INETZ.COM, also check the option to turn on ‘Outgoing Mail Server Authentication’ using the same username and password, and ‘Outgoing mail(SMTP) requires a secure SSL connection’. If you are using Thunderbird as your mail client, then select TLS under the mail server security settings. The outgoing SMTP port should be 587.
You can securely access your email at anytime through a web browser by going to http://webmail.inetz.com. Your UserName is your full email address.
Changing Your Password, adding an auto-repsonder, or forwarding your mail
Log into WebMail (http://webmail.inetz.com/), then select ‘Options’ from the top menu. In this section you can change your password, setup email forwarding and auto responders.
If your questions cannot be answered from this page or you need additional support, please contact us at 801-415-2500.